Friday, August 13, 2010

Marathon training: Ready, Set, Go!

Marathon training starts on Monday. Being the overachiever that I am, I like to be ahead of everything. So really marathon training started this week. I do this so I can get one more long run in in my training.

I'm running the Women's Half Marathon on November 7th. I have a little over 2 months worth of training separating me from the race.

My goal is to finally break my 2:10 mark. This means I need to shave about 10mins off my time from January. Here's hoping I will!

I'm going to try my best to stick to my training plan. 3 runs a week, 2 days of cross training, 2 days of strength training. The cross training and strength training usually fall by the wayside, unfortunately.

But not this time!!

~Runner Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment